Saturday, August 16, 2008

Theme Week: Details on Approaching Your Dean

For the next few weeks, I am going to host a few theme weeks where I (and sometimes other colleagues and friends) discuss one specific topic.



After re-reading the post on how to approach your college dean, I think that it would be useful for the first theme week to focus on each of the bulleted points (networking with colleagues, shaming the dean, etc.). I am preparing a post on some specific family-friendly policies, tips on how to create a progressive family-friendly policy, other leave policies that may be used for pregnancy, how to market yourself to make your value known, and a few ways to network with colleagues and others in the academic community around the very issues that we discuss in this blog -- academic parenting. I hope that you will consider adding in your own tips and experiences in the comments section.

No comments: