Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mood Swings and Writing

I posted some months ago about my embarrassing moment with the breast pump shield. Just think back to the image of a pump shield rolling down the middle of a carpeted office floor seeming to reach with invisible hands for the foot of my male department chair. Ugh, my face just blushes thinking about it! Because I tired of carrying the pump and the extra 15 pounds that still has a tight grasp on my body frame and because I don't want to carry the pump across country again, I decided to start the weaning process. The process has gone very well with limited pain. Every three to four days, I skip one of the pumping sessions.

BUT

I realized today that I am just feeling "off" and that I have had this feeling for about 10 days. My moods are morose and somewhat unpredictable and I can't seem to focus on all my student papers, not to mention that articles that I promised I would finish before break. When the reason hit me, I started to google, confirming my suspicions -- weaning causes hormonal changes. Dang it!!! So much for the writing.

Here are a few resources to help those who also go through the weaning process:

Depression and weaning
Post Partum and weaning
Tips on weaning

No comments: