Friday, October 3, 2008

Fridays, my favortite days

Fridays are my favorite days! Every Friday I take the day off and have a "Mommy and Baby" day. We go to gymboree and then have lunch with friends. We spend the rest of the day together involved in games and play.

Since I started back at work, I cherish these Fridays because they make me feel as if I am somehow accomplishing work/life balance. Even when I don't make it home before she goes to bed, I always have Fridays to devote my undivided attention to her every need, to see how much she has changed over the week, and to physically express my deep love for her. One day she will tire of my constant kisses.

I also take the day off work because I have fond memories of spending Saturdays with my mother. Although we would often partake in her favorite activity -- shopping -- I treasured those hours when we could just talk without interruptions from siblings, phone calls, or house chores.

Today, I woke up ready to push aside all my work worries, all my chores, and spend the day just with my daughter. This post is courtesy of her afternoon nap.

No comments: