Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quote of the week - god bless my mother

These last few weeks have been extremely challenging balancing work and family. Being in the middle of the semester means that I have a load of grading to do, a conference paper to write, at least one revise and resubmit for a journal, and planning for the approaching holidays. When I felt really low the other night after a not-so-great teaching experience, I called my mother to ask her how she managed as a working mom of three. She said,

You are your own worst critic. If you only have 20% to give, be okay with that 20% and realize that you are doing your best.


Yes, this is pretty obvious advice, but it was just what I needed. I don't need to give 100% in every aspect of my life all the time. Thanks mom!

1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

Thank your mom for me. I'm feeling pretty inadequate this week!