Friday, October 10, 2008

Revealing Our Parenting Status

When I first conceived of this blog, I imagined a group of tenure-track faculty who would post once or twice a month on a variety of topics related to parenting in the academe. Many of the people whom I spoke with revealed that they were too concerned that their identities would be revealed and that their posts would prove detrimental in the tenure review process. Of course, I am sympathetic to these feelings since we have ample evidence that faculty, particularly women faculty, have difficulty achieving tenure as parents.

Today, Drama Mama posted on Mama PhD her own thoughts and feelings regarding the concern of being revealed as a parent. Check out her post.

1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

It's funny - my anxiety levels wax and wane. Some weeks I feel really on top of my game and other weeks (like this week) I feel like I'm barely hanging on. Ironically one of the reasons I don't post as much as I'd like to is that I don't have time because I'm trying to get tenure and only have my son's naptime to get anything done!